20 objects

The next few images are from my room. A space that brings me comfort and quiet. Here I play with light and shapes. I really am intrigued by the lighting in the disco ball image. I have a lot of fun and like the opportunity to play with how the light bounces off of all the mirrors and surfaces across the room. The salt lamp creates a warm mood in contrast to the cold white light bouncing off of the disco ball. 


























The next couple images were from a study session with friends. This made me think about how many materials, objects we have during our daily lives. We take with us backpacks, computers, books, pencils. But how do these objects interact with the space. I often use my dorm for sleep and quiet so it was rare for me to invite people into my space for anything other than that. I challenged myself to get on the ground and try a new camera angle. The business in each of the next four photos at first was overwhelming but the viewer is asked to find something to ground them. A bag, a foot, a color... something to keep the viewer stable amid the chaos. 



















 

Comments

Popular Posts